Drug warning as teen dies at Chobham Common party
By mattcollison | Monday, February 25, 2013, 10:31
A TEENAGE man has died after it is thought he took an illegal recrcreational drug at a party in Chobham Common.
The 18-year-old, from Farnham, died suddenly after possibly inhaling the hallucinogenic party drug 2C-I or 2C-E on Saturday night (February 23).
South East Coast Ambulance were called at 10.15am on Sunday (February 24) after it is believed the man took the substance.
Police are urging anyone who took the recreational drug at the party and who is exhibiting worrying symptoms to seek immediate medical help.
Chief Inspector Alison Barlow said: "Whilst a post mortem examination still needs to be carried out to establish the cause of this boy's death, we are extremely concerned that it could be linked to him taking this drug.
"The advice to anyone who was at the event on Chobham Common who might have taken this drug and is exhibiting worrying symptoms is to attend A&E immediately. Similarly if you believe you may have taken this same substance elsewhere and are feeling unwell then please seek medical assistance.
"We also need the public's help in getting this potentially fatal drug off the streets of Surrey. Anyone with information about this substance or with any other information which could aid the ongoing investigation is asked to call Surrey Police on 101. If you have information but do not want to give your name you can pass details to independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."